Nothing completes a summers day like a cold jug of Pimm’s. It goes down perfectly at BBQs, picnics, sporting events (for those of you who are watching Wimbledon at the moment!) or just in the garden after a long day at work.
What you will need:
- A Jug- the bigger the jug, the more people it serves. My jug serves 4 people.
- Pimm’s No 1
- Fizzy Lemonade
- Fresh Mint Leaves
- Ice Cubes
- Cucumber (according to the Telegraph, cucumber is a fruit)
(Avoid apple slices as they go brown and mushy)
- Fill the jug a quarter of the way up with Pimm’s No 1. Add more if you want it to be stronger. Traditionally a jug of Pimms is one part pimm’s, three parts lemonade.
- Chop, peal and slice the fruit. Then place them in the jug.
- Wash the mint leaves, crush them slightly to release the mint flavour and drop them into the jug as well.
4. If you are preparing this in advance, then cover the jug with clingfilm and leave it in the fridge until guests arrive.
5. When you are ready to serve, add the lemonade and ice cubes.
6. Give everything a stir and you are ready to go!
You can experiment with Pimms but adding different types of fruit.
Love Soph xxx